Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day #30

So I am down 10.5 lbs and working hard at keeping the momentum going. I got past a few historical hurdles, in fact.

1. Sickness: Traditionally, when I get sick during a "health kick" and I give up. I feel like I have become weak, eaten comfort food and really what is the point. This time I stuck with my goals and my nutrition and am healthy again after a nasty viral/bacterial infection and am still on program.

2. Open bar event: Anything that has an open bar and passed hors d'oeuvres has been a major pitfall for me. This past Saturday night I managed to eat and drink within reason at a family bar mitzvah. I have to say I was super proud.

So here I am making progress and I am anxious about continuing my success and keeping it off and staying strong and ignoring the voices of  The Resistance as Seth Godin calls it. The Resistance is what I fight everyday.

I have a ways to go (at least 15 to 20 lbs) but I am motivated and well on my way!