Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Train Travel

I have a pretty standard set up when I travel by train. I get settled in my window seat, plug in the laptop, plug my phone into the laptop, put in my earbuds and launch spotify. Train travel makes me feel like I am in a movie ... staring out the window, music infusing my thoughts, watching the sleepy towns of the Eastern seaboard pass me by - I know them all so well. The track-facing facades of the buildings feel like a secret world to me, kind of like the rooftops of NYC buildings - which also fascinate me to no end.

I adore NYP to BOS, but NYP to Union Station has its own special flavor. Inevitably, as we stop in Providence, my muscles flex and I momentarily ponder ditching the business trip I am on and escaping alone to Little Compton, but then my grown-up brain kicks in and I stay put Boston-bound.

One day, I will do it. Get off the train, head to LC and indulge my inner impulsive teen.
Laters!